FAQ: What are Typical Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms?
• Cramps and Restless Legs
• Skin Problems
• Constipation or Leaky Gut
• Chronic Fatigue
• Irritability / Headaches
• Inflammation / Pain
• PMT / Hormone Issues
• Anxiety / Depression
• Disturbed Sleep
• Metabolic Syndrome
• Insulin Resistance
• Heart Arrhythmia
• Hypertension / Heart Disease
• Stiff joints / Arthritis / Osteoporosis
• Auto Immune Disorders / Allergies
• Acidosis / Candida Overgrowth
How Can Stress Deplete Magnesium and What May be Resulting Health Issues?
At 60 Sandy Sanderson can say confidently that she’s living the dream and loving it, but life wasn’t always so good. How did she recover from stress and beat her health challenges? Listen to podcast interview by Dr Jamie Turndorf to hear about Sandy Sanderson’s journey from extreme stress and illness to amazing discoveries of how to banish symptoms of Hashimoto’s Hypothyroidism, Adrenal Fatigue and Heart Arrhythmia using transdermal magnesium and better lifestyle practices.
Use as much transdermal natural magnesium as you like without fear of overdose, as the body absorbs from the epidermis only what it needs at any time. The epidermis in this way acts as a reservoir for nutrients.
Magnesium Needs Guide – FAQ
Whilst recommended daily magnesium minimum recommended is generally around 300-400mg, there is a wide spectrum of needs for optimal (best) magnesium supply for good health.
For example, if you are young and don’t suffer from too much stress or excessive physical exertion, and if you have a balanced diet of fresh foods and avoidance of chemicals, then 300mg or 400mg of daily magnesium may be sufficient for you to maintain good health.
However, if you do excessive exercise or have high levels of stress in your life – such as shift working and sleep deprivation – then you may need 1,000mg per day. We are all different with individual needs, which may also fluctuate daily. If you have a day of physical hard work outside in the hot sun and you perspire a lot, you will have lost excessive amounts of electrolytes in sweat.
Different genetics may need more magnesium than others, people with kidney problems lose too much magnesium in the urine (called hypermagnesuria), and the advancement of age generally means we need extra magnesium for maintenance.
Pregnancy requires a much higher amount of magnesium for the growth of a new body, people with digestive disorders can’t digest and absorb enough nutrients from foods, and there are those who have suffered trauma and injury, which severely depletes the body of magnesium. If you are on drugs or medications, exposed to heavy metals or glyphosate, smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol excessively – all of these circumstances can cause excessive loss or blocking of magnesium in the body.
Regardless of why you have become magnesium depleted, you can recover your stores over time with daily transdermal magnesium supplementation. To optimise results and get the best out of your magnesium, follow a balanced fresh food diet (without processed junk foods and sugar) and drink plenty of filtered water with added magnesium for good hydration, as magnesium makes the water work better.
Recommended Natural Magnesium (chem-free): Natural magnesium chloride hexahydrate salt flakes (food grade) in bath or footsoak, drinking water, plus magnesium skin care using Elektra Magnesium Cream or Magnesium Charge Lotion, with Magnesium Oil Spritz for extra strength as required.
FAQ: Can magnesium chloride absorb through the skin and be taken up by tissue cells inside the body?
Yes, for thousands of years cultures around the world have been practicing balneotherapy, which is soaking in mineral waters or hot springs to absorb minerals through the skin and alleviate degenerative conditions such as arthritis. In the last century magnesium chloride and magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) have been harvested and used for baths and footsoaks at home. Magnesium oil, which is a solution of magnesium salts and water, was also used to spray on to muscles and joints for pain and cramps alleviation.
Once magnesium ions are fully dissolved and ionised they can bass through cell walls from extra-cellular to intra-cellular spaces.
In 2009 Elektra Magnesium Cream, the first of its kind, was created as a natural skin conditioner and more ‘user-friendly’ supplement to deliver magnesium transdermally. Its rich complex lipid structure help transport magnesium ions through the epidermis, whilst keeping the skin in great condition with a more youthful and hydrated complexion.
FAQ: What if I have a detox reaction?
When we are magnesium deficient our detoxification systems can suffer and become sluggish. Consequently, the body begins to store more and more toxins and wastes in tissue cells – particularly fat cells – in order to protect the organs.
If you have been low in magnesium and then supply more magnesium to the body, it can use that magnesium metabolism boost to energise detoxification and antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione or superoxide dismutase.
Once tissue cells start dumping, some people can experience detox symptoms such as a headache, feeling more tired, or even a rash (as the skin is also used to ‘shed’ toxins if liver is struggling with this task).
As magnesium is naturally anti-inflammatory and restorative, these issues pass fairly quickly within a couple of days. Symptoms can be alleviated by drinking more water (filtered water with Magnesium Flakes to remineralise), infrared saunas, and magnesium baths which allow the skin to excrete more toxins and lift the load from the liver (digestive system).
Ultra sensitive people, if they are concerned about symptoms, are recommended to begin for the first month with magnesium soaking and mineral water drinking, followed by adding on Magnesium Cream (Herbal) gradually in the second month. The body will adjust itself bit by bit. As skin conditions improve and return to normal, it doesn’t matter which Magnesium Cream is used for daily skin care, as they contain the same amount of magnesium. However, those with rashes and allergic sensitivities or skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis etc, are recommended to use Herbal Magnesium Cream which offers an extra rich fatty skin barrier support and antibacterial herbal extracts, with a velvet-soft finish.
FAQ: Can I get too much?
The skin is made up of collagen structures that hold water and lipids (fats), as well as nutrients like vitamin D. Massaging with Elektra Magnesium products delivers magnesium ions conveniently to the skin reservoir. From the skin (epidermis) the body takes up what it needs via the tiny capillaries of the dermis under the skin. This process is self-regulating and the body does not overdose itself (like a tree does not take up more minerals from the soil than it needs). Unlike drugs or herbs, you cannot overdose this way… ie. ‘Nature’s way.’ If you are very deficient the body will take up the nutrients quickly. If you are not as deficient, it will take up the nutrients more slowly. The skin in this way acts as a nutrient reservoir.
Magnesium Cream and Magnesium Charge Lotion are absorbed into the epidermis where they are held inside the collagen structures and pockets of the skin, waiting for the body to take up the nutrients as required. The rich plant oils and butters help hold moisture in the skin and to protect and condition the skin barrier. Magnesium supports detox and also cell regeneration via electrical energy support to enzymes. These ingredients help to nurture tissue cells, leaving a smooth, hydrated and more youthful looking skin.
Form the epidermis reservoir, the body can absorb nutrients via capillary action (just like tree roots absorbing minerals from soil), and move magnesium to wherever it is needed in the body and directly to mitochondria of cells to help make ATP energy metabolism and storage.
Essential Oil Ingredients:
There are no toxic ingredients in any Elektra Magnesium products. The amount of essential oil for fragrance is also at a trace level – only enough for aroma, but not therapeutic level.
The essential oils have a good safety profile and not considered dangerous for pregnancy (like some other essential oils can be).
If you have sensitive skin use Magnesium Cream, which has higher fat content and mild magnesium content. You can supplement with extra magnesium bathing, which is also very gentle.
The body’s skin takes magnesium up as a reservoir, holding it until the body absorbs it in its own time. There is no danger to overdose ‘internally’. Absorption time is totally determined by the individual’s needs at the time and this can vary a lot.
Many women have used our magnesium body products during pregnancy since 2009 and we have had no adverse reaction reports from it to date, but on the contrary, many glowing positive reviews regarding anti-inflammatory or calming effect to promote better sleep.
We also suggest adding magnesium footsoaking or bathing to your weekly regime for magnesium uptake, as this process also helps detoxification and soothes sore ankles.
Pregnancy Magnesium Needs:
Pregnancy requires an increase in magnesium compared to average needs, due to extra cell building. Food supply has become more deficient over time. Therefore, using the transdermal magnesium absorption method is an ideal way to supplement diet with this vital nutrient ‘naturally’, without having to digest tablets or powders.
FAQ: Palm Oil Use STATEMENT
“Whilst Elektra Magnesium is not a significant user of either palm oil or palm oil derivatives, we recognise the concerns regarding the ecological impacts of palm oil production. The issue has been raised that rainforest habitats of endangered wildlife, including orangutans, are being cleared to accommodate for new oil palm plantations. The geographical areas of particular concern are Borneo and Sumatra in South East Asia. Therefore we only source suppliers who procure palm oil from outside Borneo or Sumatra using well-established plantations, many of which would have been converted from existing rubber plantations over two decades ago. As such, there are no implications of present or planned rainforest destruction in these areas. We ensure our suppliers are members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), a not-for-profit global association formally established under Article 60 of the Swiss Civil Code. By taking a multi-stakeholder approach, the Round table provides a unique forum for the pragmatic co-operation, consideration and promotion of sustainable production and use of palm oil.”
FAQ: Fair Trade Shea Butter
Elektra Magnesium products used certified Fair Trade Shea Butter.
FAQ: Re-use and Recycle
Nutrition Via Skin – Feels sooooo good!
Safe, Natural Ways to Manage Magnesium Deficiency and Take Charge of Your Health
You can cope with your own and your family’s magnesium deficiency by being clued-up and selecting the best products to solve the problem. Elektra Magnesium has nutritional answers for you because we want you to be fully informed.
Solutions for Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms
If symptoms persist after using our products, please consult your medical practitioner. Do take note that the symptoms described could have other causes than nutritional deficiency. Should symptoms not result from a deficiency, transdermal supplements may not make a difference regarding your ailment.
Our magnesium creams, lotions, spritzes, and food-grade flakes are soaked up through the skin and slowly released into the body to provide important dietary supplements that support health, boost immunity, and relieve muscular pain and skin problems.
- Signs of magnesium deficiency may comprise cramping, tremors and muscle twitches. It appears that a lack of magnesium may trigger nerve dysfunction and even amplify mental concerns and anxiety in some sufferers due to excessive stress.
- Although several factors generate osteoporosis and bone fractures, the risk may be worsened by magnesium deficiency. Though these are broad-based indicators, persistent mental and physical weariness or fragility may be an indication, especially if accompanied by muscle weakness and other symptoms.
It will be worth your while to try our magnesium for chronic fatigue, since it has assisted many of our customers over the years … and they keep coming back for more.
How Much Do You Know About Magnesium for Adrenal Fatigue?
Some of the ways to maintain adrenal health would be to consume nutrient-dense proteins, fats and greens, and increase your magnesium intake to help lower inflammation and calm stress.
- Magnesium for adrenal fatigue − or adrenal insufficiency − facilitates the regulation of cortisol levels to balance hormone production. Insufficient production of one or more required hormones may result from the stress of surgery or other fundamental health concern (often connected to hypothyroidism). Adrenal fatigue symptoms are fairly general and may involve extreme tiredness, insomnia; anxiety, nervous tension, feeling worn-out, and stomach problems.
- Evidence indicates that magnesium deficiency may escalate blood pressure and that nutritional supplements could positively impact sufferers. Magnesium deficiency is also linked to asthma and irregular heartbeat.
- There are solutions to these problems, however. Increase your magnesium levels for sound nutrition, good health and a sense of well-being and recharge and relax with transdermal magnesium for sleep to help you relieve stress, depression and disquiet.
Magnesium is employed by your body every second of every day. It propels your electrical system, connects your cells to energy and is required for numerous biological processes. Our products support a beautiful-looking, protected, well-conditioned and hydrated skin, as well as muscle and joint care. They are a great magnesium delivery system, providing the body with plentiful access to high quality magnesium quickly.
What You Stand to Gain When You Use Elektra Magnesium
Give your body the magnesium it needs, but does not get from the food you eat. Reduce your stress levels, sleep better, give your skin and muscles some tender loving care – and do the same for your family. Purchase your supplement from Elektra Magnesium
Magnesium for Anxiety
Magnesium for Anxiety Treatment is Recommended by Various Studies
Over the years, there have been several studies into using magnesium for anxiety. It was concluded that while more trials are required to research magnesium and anxiety, there are encouraging signs that it assists with relaxation of the symptoms safely via its calcium antagonism and suppression of adrenalin production. In 2017, there was a review of 18 studies that suggested magnesium did provide anxiety relief. Since it helps with regulating neurotransmitters in the brain and energy metabolism, it promotes better mental health.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Magnesium for Depression
Magnesium is essential in human health. Apart from depression, this super mineral assists with various diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, migraines and muscle repair, to name a few. Some people use it to assist with better sleep; however, in some instances, people make mistakes which renders the treatment useless.
- Only regular use of a magnesium supplement will demonstrate positive results. However, people eagerly follow a strict routine of taking magnesium in their initial period and then forget about the supplements. Perhaps it becomes a chore and those products that contain magnesium wind up at the back of the cupboard never to be used again. It’s essential to have a product containing magnesium that you would use every day because it is pleasant and enjoyable.
- (This paragraph deleted… Not correct regarding dietary magnesium… Can’t overdose and no contraindications.)
- Overdosing on magnesium is almost impossible. However, in certain cases, too much of the mineral ingested via gut could lead to diarrhoea or nausea. However, with transdermal use, the magnesium is just stored in the skin reservoir (epidermis) until it is needed by the body. No surplus is absorbed inside the body, and therefore overdose is not possible this way. It is very gentle and natural. If you apply a high concentration pure magnesium oil, this can cause skin irritation, but can be diluted. Our products are carefully designed and formulated to cater for many different skin types and needs, making our magnesium creams, lotion, and oil so easy and such a delight to use. Just try different combinations until you find the right daily routine to suit your needs. It feels so good. You don’t need to miss out on your daily magnesium!
What Sets Elektra Magnesium Apart Regarding Organic Massage Cream
We recognised the need for a product range that would be used often instead of being discarded after a few weeks. Hence, we used our innovation to produce a natural remedy with options such as a stress relief cream containing magnesium to be absorbed into your body to soothe and calm the muscles.
- All our products are natural. There are no harmful chemicals that affect your body negatively. While pure magnesium oil is transdermal magnesium, it leaves a sticky residue on the skin, making you feel uncomfortable. People with sensitive skin complain about a stinging sensation when applying the oil directly. We’ve worked our magic and designed products that are effective and provide a great feel and aroma.
- We source certified food grade magnesium chloride flakes, which are tested in Australia to show no signs of mercury or lead. We use these super flakes to produce luxurious magnesium-based skincare products, including different kinds of cream. These include a moisturiser which is gentle enough to be used on children and babies, a lotion for tense muscles and joints, the oil-spritz which is the strongest dose of magnesium, and the flakes which can be used in the bath or for re-mineralizing filtered drinking water with electrolyte charge. The different magnesium products can be combined to suit your individual requirements.
- Our products have no borders. You can order them from anywhere around the world using our convenient online store. Apart from that, we have more than 300 retailers around Australia with distributors in the UK and the USA.
About Elektra Magnesium
We’ve been operating since late 2008 and have thrived in the development of this most unique range of magnesium body care products, which help people live better lives. Magnesium is a wonder element – the Master Mineral – which the body requires in great amounts for energy metabolism. We are so grateful to have found a way to provide this magical mineral supplement as a convenient skin and body care product. There’s no schedule to follow or unpleasant pills to take. Simply apply the product to your skin daily as needed so magnesium can be absorbed by the body for its electrical supply and metabolic functions, and to support every organ system from brain to heart, liver, kidney and more. Relax ~ Recharge ~ Recover.
In our tenth year, we were proud to receive the Best New Beauty Product award at the Natural and Organic Awards Asia. It was a show of faith in our line of products, which we’re excited to provide to improve the lives of people all around the world. Contact us for more information on our products and to find a magnesium solution for you.