“I have used Elektra Magnesium cream for years and find it to be the best compared to other brands. It easily rubs into skin and is great for my calf muscles to stop cramping at night. My husband uses it too for his back muscles (he is a farmer doing heavy lifting), and he gets great results. Love the scent of natural oils too.”Customer Review by Gail Brown
- Elektra Magnesium Cream – the world’s first natural magnesium cream for skin and muscle care.
- MILD 15% magnesium chloride salt formula, easily absorbed, gentle on skin, calming and relaxing in massage.
- 2 teaspoons = 300mg magnesium.
- Herbal Magnesium Cream, the first version of magnesium cream developed in 2009, and still the most popular, offers superior soothing (non-irritating) conditioning effects for people with dry or sensitive skin conditions, including those with eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis. Rich nourishing plant oils and butters protect the skin barrier, whilst magnesium ions attract moisture in the skin reservoir, supporting collagen and elastin, and a more youthful looking complexion. Anti-bacterial plant extracts also inhibit growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Three other varieties provide alternative fragrances and cream textures to suit different skin types, such as medium, combination or oily skin.
- To maintain a more youthful looking complexion, gently massage facial muscles daily with Magnesium Cream, including neck and decolletage. It can also be used all over the body as a rich moisturiser and muscle massage cream.
Gentle enough for babies and children! Skin hydrating, protecting, soothing and comforting.
Designed and developed by our formulating chemist Peter Sanderson way back in 2009, Elektra Magnesium Cream was a ground-breaking innovative achievement. The Herbal version was the first of its kind that combined several plant oils, butters and extracts successfully with infusion of 15% magnesium chloride. It was stabilized using novel processes, and without resorting to chemical emulsifiers and preservatives such as phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, parabens or other cheap toxic petrochemical ingredients. Elektra Magnesium Creams features over 20 nutritious ingredients and provide high fat content to protect the skin barrier and facilitate efficient transdermal magnesium absorption. It is still Australia’s most popular and best loved magnesium cream, packed full of nutrition – because WE GIVE YOU MORE!
- Natural (chem-free) skin and muscle care
- Anti-ageing, more youthful looking skin
- Gentle enough for babies and children
- Before and after-sun skin care and recovery
- Quality face/body moisturizer and deodorant
- Topical magnesium supplement
- Delivers magnesium to cells faster and more effectively than oral tablets or powders
- Calming massage to relieve stress
- Calming massage for tight muscles/joints, cramps, spasms
- Calming massage for more restful sleep
- Great value as combination product
Magnesium massage therapy offers important health benefits via blood and lymph circulation, waste clearance and detoxification, as well as relief of tension, stress and pain, which alleviates inflammation and promotes faster recovery from injury. Studies have shown that when magnesium is low, too much calcium settles in the soft tissue (muscles, ligaments, skin and endothelial linings) or joints of the body, causing stiffening via hypercalcemia. Athletes can be more prone to magnesium deficiency due to the excessive stresses of endurance exercise. Hypercalcemia and magnesium deficiency lengthens time of healing from injury and inflammation, whereas sufficient magnesium can support recovery faster. Magnesium massage promotes better circulation, flexibility and muscle recovery.
LIGHT and GENTLE: SOOTHING and CALMING. This ultra-light magnesium cream moisturiser can be used for young infants as natural skin care, and for relaxation massage to calm, relax, and promote better sleep. Let’s not forget mums too, who can share it with bub and use it as a daily face cream. It works well under makeup too. Nothing is spared with this high quality formula of gentle botanicals to nurture, moisturise and support skin. Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic, Baby Calm Balm is soothing and calming for stressed skin. Made with only natural and organic ingredients, Baby Calm Balm is light, but protective and hydrating, leaving skin with a soft, smooth and younger-looking complexion. 50mg of elemental magnesium per teaspoon.
INGREDIENTS of Magnesium Creams x 4 kinds
Re-use and recycle 300g double-wall insulated jars
Got dry, lumpy, bumpy skin? Try Elektra Magnesium Cream to help cleanse and protect the skin for glowing healthy looking complexion. Rich plant fats and natural magnesium electrolytes can smooth away those bumps, and keep skin supple, hydrated and soft. Maintain daily application to help prevent build up of dry lumpy skin (ie. chicken skin), which is also called keratosis pilaris. (Read BLOG)
Magnesium skin care is a revolution in skin health and beauty maintenance. One of the reasons magnesium keeps us younger and more ‘juicy’ longer is because it is used to synthesize collagen, which is a protein scaffolding that forms structures to hold moisture and other nutrients in skin, nails and bones to organs, muscles, ligaments, cartilage, lung sacs and blood vessels…
Gently massage in for period cramp
Symptoms of Pre Menstrual Tension PMT) or the inflammation of Endometriosis is exacerbated by magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is a natural anti-inflammatory. Giving your body a little help with relaxing magnesium massage can soothe pain, sensitivity and bloating by helping blood circulation and delivery of magnesium to cells. Your craving for chocolate at that time of the month could be because of magnesium deficiency – but you can get a lot more magnesium from Magnesium Cream!
See how Michaela changed her lifestyle to all natural highly nutritious regime, with daily magnesium massage and skin care – particularly on tummy area to maintain stretch capacity and resilience of skin. With her skin type being highly prone to stretch marks she had been concerned, but happily reported (with photos) that there were no stretch marks after her pregnancy. She also enjoyed a healthy pregnancy, using transdermal magnesium daily to massage tired sore muscles for relaxation and to promote better sleep.
Happy mum; happy baby.
Enjoy an all-over luxurious natural moisturizer for face and body, which can deliver more magnesium (250-300mg per two teaspoons cream rubbed all over the body) than tablets and powders can get through the gut wall. It can also be used as an underarm deodorant! (Is there anything this cream cannot do?)
Before & after sun skin recovery
Elektra Magnesium Cream is high in plant fats which help to hold moisture in and protect skin. The infused magnesium works inside the skin to support cell repair and recovery. The presence of lipids and magnesium also promote production of vitamin D in the skin. Vitamin D is then absorbed into body from skin.
NOTE: Magnesium Cream is not a sun block and one should be mindful about safe length of time in sun, appropriate for skin type. If you do get a bit of sunburn, apply extra thick layer of magnesium cream for soothing cool comfort and extra hydration.
Pregnant women, in particular, greatly benefit from using transdermal magnesium due to the higher magnesium demands of growing a baby in the womb, as well as the feeding demands of baby. We all know that breast feeding is a better stronger support for a developing immune system, but what does Mum have to support her own needs?
Foods are generally lower in magnesium today compared to over 50 years ago. We also lose a lot of magnesium under stress, and pregnancy presents a big stress for the body that can take some time to recover from. By using transdermal magnesium we can give the body the opportunity to take up from the skin the nutrition it needs for recovery, and in its own time. Nothing is being pushed artificially into the body. It just happens naturally and gently. CAUTION: Avoid applying to open wounds or nipple area where baby feeds. Time to RELAX and really enjoy your pregnancy, birth and beautiful new member of the family!
Studies Recommend Magnesium for Headaches
Magnesium For Headaches Is Considered A Natural Remedy
Pain is a factor that people deal with all around the world, using all sorts of products to relieve them. However, many don’t consider using magnesium for headaches. Magnesium is an essential mineral that is required by the body. Ultimately, it’s responsible for the operation of several biological processes and brings hydration into cells, which avoids dehydration and consequent tension. Magnesium also improves blood circulation, which is heavily dependent on the right electrolyte balance. The problem is we don’t supply our body with enough magnesium nutrition via the food we ingest.
Benefits Of Headache Relief
Studies have shown that people with low magnesium levels are susceptible to headaches and migraines. A 2018 Review found: “Prophylactic treatment of migraine by means of high levels of magnesium dicitrate (600 mg) seems to be a safe and cost efficient strategy in clinical use.” Research has been continuing in the use of magnesium for headaches. A 2020 Review concluded: “Migraine is usually related to low amounts of Mg in serum and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). Deficits in magnesium have significant role in the pathogenesis of migraine. Mg has been extensively used in migraine prophylaxis and treatment.”
The lack of magnesium affects neurotransmitters and prevents blood vessel constriction, which results in migraines. Regular doses of magnesium are shown to reduce migraines by 40%. Apart from assisting with relieving stress headaches, using magnesium regularly has several other benefits.
- Magnesium assists with lowering your blood sugar levels, thus reducing the risk of Type 2 diabetes. Research has demonstrated that a magnesium deficiency contributes to poor insulin resistance hence causing Type 2 diabetes. Even though more clinical research is required to treat diabetes with magnesium, preliminary studies have shown there are positive results.
- Most people focus on calcium for the health of their bones; however, the wonder mineral, magnesium, assists with improving the strength of bones. It increases bone density, which decreases the risk of diseases such as osteoporosis. Apart from directly assisting with bone crystal formation, magnesium regulates the calcium and vitamin D in the body, which controls the health of bones.
- If you’re a fitness fanatic, magnesium is crucial to the recovery of your muscles. The processes that assist you with working out is the removal of lactic acid and boosting muscles with glucose and energy. Intake of magnesium increases your cellular hydration, electrolyte balance and muscle performance levels if you’re at the gym or playing sport regularly.
What To Expect From Elektra Magnesium Regarding Natural Ways To Relieve Migraine Headaches
We discovered a huge amount of magnesium research indicating the crucial role that magnesium plays in our overall health, and so decided to pursue the development of an innovative line of products that would assist people from all walks of life with several issues. Instead of taking magnesium orally, which eventually winds up at the back of your cupboard never to be seen again after the first two weeks, we developed entirely natural, vegan-friendly and effective products to provide enough magnesium for your body naturally.
- We are pioneers in bringing transdermal magnesium treatments to Australia. All our products are free from chemicals and are completely natural. We source our material from the world’s 15% certified food grade magnesium chloride. The flakes are tested and have shown no presence of mercury nor lead in parts per billion.
- Our products offer your body more than just minerals. Since we supply topical products, when you apply it to your skin, you receive natural skincare support, relaxing muscle care and an effective method of transporting magnesium into your cells. The products are convenient, thus ensuring we receive our daily dose of magnesium using an everyday product.
- We have an online store that’s easy to navigate and provides detailed information on all our products. The checkout process is simple, and we’ll deliver to any location in the world. Our product range is available at over 300 locations in Australia, the UK, and the USA.
About Elektra Magnesium
Our family operation commenced in late 2008 with a commitment to developing high-quality natural body care products containing magnesium. We understood that people were not taking in the correct amount of magnesium, and that pill supplements were expensive, not efficient and used for a only short time. Our goal was to create natural magnesium body care products that would be used regularly for skin care and relaxation, but also provide the body with its essential minerals.
Contact us for an innovative solution to your magnesium requirements.